A Written Summary should include all applicable information as follows*
Estimated number of people at expected
Will there be food services/concessions (additional requirements may be necessary)
Plan for trash disposal
Plans for site set up and clean up
Will there be tents or booths erected (inspections may be required)
Plans for security or emergency medical services if needed
Restroom facilities provided
Traffic Control plans
Plans for additional parking
Site plan or map for parades, tents, booths, restroom placement, dumpsters etc.
*This list is not inclusive but an example of what should be accounted for in the written
summary of the event plan.
All applications for events where alcohol may be consumed and/or served must be approved by
the Muskegon Charter Township Board of Trustee. If approval is granted, applicant must
contact the Muskegon Township Police Department to apply for a separate liquor license. The
liquor license application also requires State of Michigan approval so it is imperative to get this
done early. No liquor license will be issued within 14 days of an event date.
Liability insurance naming the Muskegon Charter Township as an additional insured is required
for all events. You may contact an insurance agent of your choice to obtain liability insurance
coverage. Please inform your insurance agent that the wording on the certificate must read:
“Muskegon Charter Township, all elected and appointed officials, all employees
and volunteers, all boards, commissions and/or authorities and board members,
Muskegon Charter Township Special Event Application
including employees and volunteers thereof; it is understood and agreed that by
naming Muskegon Charter Township as additional insured, coverage afforded is
considered to be primary and any other insurance the Muskegon Charter
Township may have in effect shall be considered secondary and/or excess.”
An acceptable certificate of insurance must be submitted no later than 10 days before the
REQUIREMENTS OF THE SPECIAL EVENT PERMIT
Failure to comply with any requirements of the Special Event Permit may result in the forfeiture
of your deposit and/or the denial of future event requests.
1. Applicant shall comply with all rules and regulations of the Muskegon Township Special Event
2. Applicant shall comply with all Muskegon Township Ordinances.
3. The applicant organization will save Muskegon Charter Township harmless from all claims.
4. Township staff may require a meeting with applicant organization to help clarify requests for
5. Event grounds will be left clean and free of litter. Failure of the applicant to satisfactorily
clean the site may result in Township staff cleaning the site and billing the applicant for its
6. The Township reserves the right to deny changes to the application once final approval is
7. Failure to provide any requested information in a timely manner or providing false
information may result in denial or revocation of the special event permit.